Because you're looking for a Career,
not just a job
About Otis Canada
Learn more about us
Otis is the world’s leading manufacturer and service provider of elevators, escalators and moving walkways. We have more than 65,000 people around the world working for Otis, committed to a single mission – moving the world forward.
Otis Canada has approximately 1100 people in 11 branches and 1 head office - coast to coast in all of the major cities in Canada.
Who we are
Otis Canada is part of United Technologies Corp (UTC), the world’s leading provider of high-technology systems and services for the aerospace and building industries. UTC is a Fortune 500 company and the 95th largest company in the world.
Our brands include Otis, UTC Climate Controls & Security, Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems.
More than 160 years ago, Elisha Graves Otis invented the modern elevator and forever changed the urban landscape. Today, the company that bears his name is the world’s leading provider of elevators, escalators and moving walkways, moving more than 2 billion people through a world of ever-taller buildings, busy airports and crowded metros, every day.
As one of the worlds most trusted and iconic brands, we’re known for our commitment to innovation, green design and superior service. We offer products and services in more than 200 countries and territories, and maintain approximately 1.9 million elevators and escalators worldwide.
We intend to be the recognized leader in service excellence among all companies—not just elevator companies—worldwide. We will inspire our customers’ total confidence through exceptional service that earns us 100 percent of their business, 100 percent of the time.
Service excellence is more than what we provide, it’s how we think and act. It’s not just “fixing a problem” or performing routine maintenance, it’s the “smile” in the voice on the phone, the prompt response to a request and the drive to always improve. It’s how we work with one another and how we work with our customers and the riding public.
We believe that service excellence begins with each employee’s commitment to improve the things—no matter how small—that are in their control. By keeping an “at your service” attitude and striving to exceed our customers’ and each other’s expectations, we are working hard to become a benchmark for superior service—not just for elevator companies, but for all companies worldwide.
Training and Development
At Otis, we move the world forward and people are our most important asset. We want the most talented and inventive people in the world on our team. Otis encourages life-long learning and is committed to talent development and the pursuit of learning to maximize each individual’s potential. Otis’ Learning and Development focuses on strengthening and sustaining the managerial, professional, and technical capabilities of our employees.
We offer The Employee Scholar Program (ESP), one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world. The program provides employees the resources to stay current in their chosen field or may facilitate new career opportunities.
- UTC pays for tuition, academic fees and books at approved educational institutions
- The program is available to our workforce
- Payments are made directly to the education institutions to minimize out-of-pocket costs when available
- Employees can obtain a degree in any field, whether or not it is related to their job
We're looking for people who thrive on challenges.
Otis is committed to offering an extensive Group Benefit Plan which includes:
employee scholar program
employee assistance program (eap)
View our current openings
- Open Order Superintendent (OS.5)
Join Our Team and Leave Your Mark on the World…
You are part of a global team committed to deliver quality products and services that meet or exceed our customers’ needs. Otis has built its reputation on the quality, reliability and integrity of the services we provide. Our customers rely on our experience and high quality customer service which they have trusted for over 165 years. It is our commitment to service excellence that ensures we will remain the number one elevator company in the world. We enjoy working together and fostering team relationships with our core values in mind:
• We celebrate imagination
• We believe in us
• We are many voices
• We are better together
• We strive to be the best
What We Have to Offer You
• Candidate will be eligible for quarterly bonuses, yearly salary review in accordance with company policy
• Career development opportunities – Otis believes in promoting from within and we are looking to help you build your career – we are not about offering just a job
• Employee Scholar Program to allow you to further your education goals
• A savings plan with company matching
• Health and dental benefits as well as Otis pension plan
Otis Canada, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual for an Open Order \ Service Superintendent position. This position requires demonstrated ability to direct, supervise and lead the performance of field operations for the open order side of Otis' business. The position requires regular meetings with sales representatives, other field managers and constant communication with customers.
• Budget and schedule labour resources
• Manage an operating budget
• Identify and drive efficiency improvements in our new construction operations
• Manage field education and safety training
• Performing quality assurance for both Otis and our customers
• Support the sale of equipment upgrade opportunities and identify and drive efficiency improvements in our open order operations
• Conduct frequent elevator equipment surveys
• Coordinate all material deliveries and issue purchase orders
• Interact with sales representatives, field managers, local vendors, construction mechanics and customers